Sunday, June 29, 2014

Farmers' Markets




I went to a wonderful farmers' market yesterday in a neighboring town. There were so many homemade products and home grown fruit and vegetables, along with several booths of farm raised beef and pork.  I'd forgotten how much I loved going to the farmers markets until yesterday.

Unfortunately, it was not the place to be for someone trying to stick to a diet. I brought home some vegetables and fruit, but the majority of my purchases were baked goods. Lemon and Raspberry muffins with crumb topping, a peach pie, a blackberry cream scone and let's not forget the chocolate creamed raw honey. I dislike honey, but the lady running the booth had samples. My curiosity got the better of me and I was forced to try it. It was a unique taste and, yes, I broke down and bought some. 

If you've never been to a farmers' market, please find one close to you and take a little time to explore. You never know what you'll find or what will make you change your mind on the things you like and don't like. 





No comments:

Post a Comment